Can You Still Make Money On YouTube?
I’ve recently watched a webinar with Jon Penberthy where he explained how he made $851k last year thanks to free YouTube traffic. Now, this certainly gave me something to think about!
Can you still make money on YouTube? Let’s find out!
Did you know that the average watch time of your video is more important than the number of views? You can easily outrank a video with thousands of views by using this simple strategy!
Sometime in April this year I uploaded a video to YouTube. I applied whatever little knowledge I had. A few months later my video was already ranking quite well although it did not appear on the first page of Google. Did you know that it’s 53 times easier to rank a video than a text content?
It also helps if you embed a video on your own blog or website. The more sites you can embed it on, the better.
Rather than creating a video first, do some keyword research and pick a keyword people are actively searching for by using YouTube autosuggest tool. Another good strategy to implement is to create a video product review by using a keyword “[name of the product] review”. This works with physical products too.
A quick overview how to rank your YouTube video:
- Pick a keyword people are actively searching for
- Create a video based on your chosen keyword
- Rename the file using your keyword and upload it to YouTube
- Include a link at the very beginning of the description (this is the only bit people see when watching your video)
- Include your keyword in the title of the video
- Include your keyword a few times in the description of the video
- Include your keyword in tags (3-4 keywords variations)
- Include a link to another high ranking video to show YouTube that you’re not a spammer
- Go to Fiverr and purchase a gig for $5 to get some backlinks and social bookmarks
Then give it between 13 seconds to a few weeks and watch you video appear on page #1 of Google!
This is the strategy I applied to have my video ranked on page numer one of Google!
Happy video creation!