What’s The Best Time To Send An Email?
Time is of essence when it comes to email marketing. While there’s a lot of conflicting information out there there are a few guidelines to follow when it comes to sending out emails. So what’s the best time to send an email?
Best Time To Send An Email
- daytime – it’s common sense to send an email at a time when most people are awake
- avoid sending out emails on Mondays. The emails that have accumulated over the weekend are the first ones to get deleted!
- avoid weekends. Weekends tend to have low open rates.
- send an event-oriented email 3-5 days prior to an event – while 23% of emails are opened within 60 minutes after being sent, some people don’t open their mailbox until a day or two later.
- best time to send an email Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This is mainly to avoid the Monday’s and Friday’s madness. According to MailChimp Tuesday and Thursday are the best days to send an email.
- best time to send an email is midweek midday between 1-3pm (9-11am is recommended as well). According to MailChimp 2 pm is the optimal time to send an email.
- Other best times to send emails are Thursday 8 – 9 am this despite the fact that most marketers claim that 8am is too early to send an email
- worst time to send an email are Tuesday & Wednesday 8 – 10 am (low open rates)
- bear in mind that while everyone agrees that Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are the best times to send an email this also means that you’re facing a lot of competition
- Mondays and Fridays are generally not recommended but who is to say they won’t work for you?
Do you have any tips on the best time to send an email?